HELP - Healthcare English Language Programme 2014-2017
HELP – Foreign language and intercultural competence for medical professions
HELP - Healthcare English Language Project - is an Erasmus+ project, promoted by the European Commission to promote learning in Higher Education.
The quality of medical services highly depends on communication skills. HELP will deal with this challenge.
For whom we offer HELP?The programme is for everyone who wants or needs to work on communication skills for healthcare, care for elderly and healthcare tourism.
We are going to develop a learning programme for:
• professionals working as nurses, in elderly care taking and other healthcare profession, organised or individually, and that have a need of further learning, formal and/or informal, in order to meet the workplace needs
• Universities, Medical High schools and Language Centres, European language teachers who teach English for Medical Purposes;
• European students from medical universities and medical centres, BA and MA programmes, who want to do apprenticeship or internship in European countries, attend courses and Erasmus programmes;
• European medical graduates and healthcare workers who want to develop professionally and be mobile on the EU labour market;
• Local governments and stakeholders dealing with challenges linked to internationalisation in care for elderly and healthcare;
• Translators who deal with documents related to the field
• Service and management staff working in the growing sector of healthcare tourism.
What can I get?• Open access to materials and digital media for teaching and learning in the area of English for Medical Purposes with latest information and motivating approaches for learner-centred and cooperative learning, supported by media
• Informal learning arrangements to meet the B1/B2 levels, practical approach for work with patients, elderly and clients from medical tourism
• Educational platform enabling exchange and learning at and for the workplace
• Contribution to organization’s prestige due to high quality training offers and better connection of academic education and work place.
• Increased motivation among students and healthcare workers by providing them a modern and practical learning tool.
The platform will be finished in 2017 but you can see its progress step by step under
Why not starting to discover HELP and to try it out?
Project No 2014-1-ES01-KA203-004735. This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.